Apprentice Electrical License Procedure
No examination for Apprentice electrician license is required; this is a registration only. Applicant shall have been regularly and principally engaged in electrical work proceeding the date of this application.
- The application is available at our website
- Please type/print a completed application and submit it with:
- A check in the total amount of $68.20 (non-refundable), which covers application processing and is good for two years. This amount includes a license fee of $62.00 plus a 10% Automation Enhancement fee of $6.20.
- Letters of verification of employment on company letterhead, signed by the Master Electrician of the company.
- The Master for the company must include his/her license number and the
Jurisdiction where the license was obtained
- Letter(s) of verification must indicate specific dates of employment
- Options for photo submittals are as follows;
- Mail us a front-faced professional looking photo (e.g. no sporting activities photos, no driver’s licenses, no beach photos) on a CD disk (JPEG format). The disk should be saved accordingly (John Doe) with the individual’s name and packaged in a protective container or adequate cushioning material.
- Come into the office and a photo will be taken OR
- E-mail us an electronic photo at DPSElectricalPhotos@montgomerycountymd.gov