Skip to main content

Certified Agricultural Producer

What is an Agricultural Producer?

A Certified Agricultural Producer, or representative thereof, is an individual who wishes to sell regionally-grown products in the public right-of-way.

What are Regionally-Grown Products?

Regionally-grown products are those produced within Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Delaware, Pennsylvania, and the District of Columbia.

What may a Certified Agricultural Producer Sell?

A Certified Agricultural Producer, or representative thereof, may sell only fresh fruits, vegetables, herbs, cut flowers, small trees, or plants, which he or she has produced. A Certified Agricultural Producer may also sell non-potentially-hazardous prepackaged goods (including eggs), with the approval of the Licensure and Regulatory Services Section of the Department of Health and Human Services (240) 777-3986.

A prospective Certified Agricultural Producer must complete an application form and submit it to the Department of Permitting Services.

What are the Conditions of Approval?

Regionally-grown products may be sold only by a Certified Agricultural Producer or representative thereof. Only authorized products may be offered for sale at an approved site.

When will the Certificate be Ready to Pick Up?

The normal processing time for certification is two business days from the date of application. The Department of Permitting Services reserves the right to delay issuance of a license if application requirements are not met or further information is required.

What will the Application Cost?

IN COUNTY - 1 YEAR - $129.78


OUT OF COUNTY - $175.10


Application Package
  Application for Agricultural Producer
Fees and Taxes
  Executive Regulation for Fees
  Automation Fee
Credit Card Authorization Form Credit Card Authorization Form
  None at This Time
Codes, Standards, Executive Regulations
  Montgomery County Code
Guidelines, Memorandum of Understandings, Interpretations
  None at this Time
Inspection Requirements
  Arranged at Time of Application
Frequently Asked Questions
311 Web Portal: Enter key word "Agricultural Producer"
Online Permitting Status Information and Inspections
Online Data Services Search DPS
Call for More Information
In Montgomery County 311
Outside of Montgomery County 240-777-0311
Other Agencies to Contact
Other Agencies and Utilities to Contact Allegheny Power
  American Institute of Architects (AIA)
  Baltimore Gas & Electric Co. (BG&E)
  Board of Appeals
  Historical Society
  International Code Council (ICC)
  Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation
  Maryland Department of the Environment
  Maryland Division of State Documents
  Miss Utility
  National Glass Association (NGA)
  MNCPPC: Historic Area Work Permits
  MNCPPC: MC Atlas
  MNCPPC: Zoning
  Potomac Electric Power Company (PEPCO)
  U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) by Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL)
  Washington Gas Light Co.