Skip to main content

 Site Specific Vendors 

When is a Site Specific Vendor License Needed?

A site-specific vendor's license is required if an individual sells or offers to sell goods or services from a stationary location.

What is the Application Process?

A completed "Application For Vendor/Operator" to DPS must be submitted, along with a scaled site plan indicating where the vendor is to be located.

A valid driver's license is required to process the application.

If a site is located on private property, a letter allowing use of the property for vending is required. Only zoning categories which permit the commercial use proposed on the application may be occupied by the vendor.

If the site is located in the public right-of-way, the vendor must submit an application for and be approved as a Certified Agricultural Producer. (See Certification for Agricultural Producers for requirements.)

The selling of prepared foods or prepackaged food and beverages of any kind requires a Certified Food Service Managers ID Card and Inspection Report from the Licensure and Regulatory Services Section of the Department of Health and Human Services (240) 777-3986.

What will the Application Cost?

The fees below include fee, application fee and one operator fee.

ONE YEAR - $385.00

SIXTY DAY OR DAILY RATE - $245.00 (Same as Door to Door)

Application Package
Application Vendor Application
Fees and Taxes
 Fee Schedules Executive Regulation for Fees
Credit Card Authorization Form Credit Card Authorization Form
  None at this Time
Codes, Standards, Executive Regulations
See Chapter 47 Montgomery County Code
Guidelines, Memorandum of Understandings, Interpretations
  None at This Time
Inspection Requirements
  Inspections Arranged at Time of Application
Frequently Asked Questions
311 Web Portal: Enter key word "Vendor"
Online Permitting Status Information and Inspections
Online Data Search Search DPS
Call for More Information
In Montgomery County 311
Outside of Montgomery County 240-777-0311
Other Agencies to Contact
Other Agencies and Utilities to Contact Allegheny Power
  American Institute of Architects (AIA)
  American National Standards Institute (ANSI)
  American Society of Heating, Refrigerating & Air Conditioning Engineers (ASHRAE)
  Baltimore Gas & Electric Co. (BG&E)
  Board of Appeals
  Historical Society
  International Code Council (ICC)
  Maryland Department of Assessments and Taxation
  Maryland Department of the Environment
  Maryland Division of State Documents
  Masonry Institute of America (MIA)
  Miss Utility
  National Glass Association (NGA)
  MNCPPC: Historic Area Work Permits
  MNCPPC: MC Atlas
  MNCPPC: Zoning
  National Fire Prevention Association (NFPA)
  Potomac Electric Power Company (PEPCO)
  U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) by Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL)
  Washington Gas Light Co.